Thursday, December 12, 2019

My mistake - Start too late to study Investment until 53 years old

Dec. 12, 2019

Introduction


It is my personal finance research. I started to learn how to invest from May 2019, and I have invested over hundreds of hours in my life the first time.  I like to conduct a short research to review my personal experience from 2001 to 2019. Why do I wait so long to start my research on money and investment?

Mistakes costs me thousands dollars


I can estimate that only 401 K and IRA alone costed me over $50,000 US dollars at least, since I invested into 401 K and IRA starting from 1998, and only 2010 to 2019 S & P 500 index 300% increase alone, the opportunity cost is above $60,000.

My strength and weakness 


I spent hundreds of hours to learn personal finance starting from November 2018, I chose to work on my financial problem, after six months, I started to watch how to invest videos on youtube.com. First time I spent time to watch how Warren Buffet invests and his philosophy called value investing.

I just fell in love with my new research area called investment.






No comments:

Post a Comment