Sunday, June 17, 2018

Being a dreamer: From Amazon Primevideo to Microsoft Bing

June 17, 2018

Introduction


I am doing a lot of research to make myself happy this weekend. Either losing 10 lbs, ideas like skipping a dinner, extra one hour sports. One of my doubts is that keeping those extra 10 lbs or 20 lbs weight actually makes me connecting to be a wishful thinking victim. I weighed myself 184 lb this morning 9:50 AM just 10 minutes before my mock interviwe, I talked to my roommate Emma about this extra weight, the bad part is to bring me this wishful thinking. Too much thinking, not enough sports, discipline, and self-control, and healthy diet.

Do you see a professional tennis player show up like a victim? Not at all. Although I think that sometimes they are too energetic.

I like to say that I had a mock interview this Sunday morning, and then one hour I spent time to talk to another big giant company programmer. I taste the difference of culture. I try to be a dreamer again, from Amazon primevideo to Microsoft Bing.

Elegant means more work


Of course, I notice that I am not the style for Microsoft Bing either. I just got in their small circle, I read a few articles published on linkedin. The article is so polished to read like a journal paper, or top ranking best seller book.

I am trying to show my crafting in my writing. A mistake in the grammar error, and a word change history in my writing. Do we think that those kind of reading can fit in our quickly fast-pacing life style? Of course I like to read a lot with various ideas.

A programmer talk 


For me it is very important to get experience for all kinds of interviews, real interview experience. But it is impossible. Every trip will cost above $2000 US dollars and I did not cost add my side cost to add private coach and other things.

One thing I can quickly learn is to observe a good thinker through mock interview. How he starts his processing of problem, how he approach the problem in terms of explaining the problem and the various soft skills he applies to this short 30 minutes conversation.

Of course, I also did some talk like a very good thinker. I was so excited to experience the mock interview and I believe that it is best interview so far this weekend.

The algorithm I wrote in the mock interview is to apply binary search to get lowest index as well. I wish that I have chance to work on together a hard level algorithm seen in my last week important meeting. We talked about the meeting and how to advance skills as much as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment