Thursday, June 28, 2018

Let us get it loud - hard level algorithm names

June 28, 2018

Introduction


It is one of Jennifer Lopez's song called "Let us get it loud". I like to play when I try to warm up before I go out to play tennis. I like to use this song to help me to memorize hard level algorithms on Leetcode.com.

Here is all the list of hard algorithms on Leetcode.com.  I just could not believe that I can just read those names over 30 minutes non-stop, and enjoy to read those names.

It is such an interesting study of those hard level algorithm names. They are very well titled and make a short story just using a few words.


Name a few good names of hard level algorithms


One thing  I can do is to list some algorithm names and explain how good the names are. Let me come out a few ideas how to memorize those names, maybe most frequent words in those titles.

I plan to add some notes for each hard level algorithm on Leetcode.com. Here is the pdf file I work on.


Follow up 


Sept. 5, 2018

I started to work on easy level algorithms on Leetcode.com starting from July 10, 2018. There are 190 easy level algorithms for me to work on first.

It is the attitude change. I like to take the advice from my personal coach, and I start to build a good habit to write code every day, busy working on easy level algorithms for a few months.

Once I master the basics, it will not be tough for me to work on hard level algorithms.


Follow up 


May 31, 2019

I came back to revisit those blogs, I tried to find what algorithm I worked with the engineer, since she told me on May 30, 2019 that she joined Facebook. We worked together a lot of hours together, we had some discussion on various topics on algorithm and data structure.

It is much better to work with a coach, so I will not get confused after I failed Amazon onsite in Seattle on June 6, 2018. I just went back to work on more easy level algorithms on Leetcode.com. And later, I got invited from Facebook for a phone screen, I booked the phone screen in the end of July. 

No comments:

Post a Comment