Saturday, June 23, 2018

Tennis sports and friendship

June 22, 2018

Introduction


I make a new friend so quickly before I even notice. Last time I went to the tennis court to hit against the wall, the young man next to me told me that he played tennis with me before last year, I have no clue maybe he lied. So I asked him to rally with me on tennis court since I like to run more on the court.

I learn to respect the partner time and also give feedback nicely. I asked him to put more topspin and therefore he can place the tennis ball just before me, one meter away, not running too hard, and show him to put more windshield wipe on the swing. Sometimes I just coach those friends to quickly be my professional hitting partner. He came to the court multiple times a day in the weekend, I told him that I could not come the morning and afternoon because I need to work at home. I need to have 30 minutes workout, run a lot hitting on tennis court.

Old friends also start to like me since I share the tips and show up on tennis courts more often. I am open to stay alone and hit against the wall at the beginning, hunting for hitting partner for next 20 to 30 minutes.

I still remember one advice from the senior player, he told me once there are 12 courts, every five minutes there is change on one of courts. I am just very patient. This can apply to those job seekers on software engineer area as well.

I have done a lot of study on tennis sports, so when a friend told me that she fell on the tennis court, and her partner also fell a few times. He showed me how he fell when he walked backward. I took a few minutes to explain how to run backward using correct foot work [Ref. 1] to prevent falling, expand the center of body weight in-between two legs widely separated.

Today I went to court and started to play against the wall. I was invited to play a double match. I believe that last time I shared the safety tip, they like my advise. After the match, I start to rally against another player.

Friendship


I think about those friendship on tennis court. I play tennis with a lot of people, some of them put a lot of hours on tennis court this season. I need to work on algorithm and contest, I usually cut time to maximum two hours every time. I only show up a few times a week.

We used to spend hundreds of hours together last few years. I cannot spend hundreds of hours on tennis court this summer.

Summer is such great time in the city of Burnaby central park. I need to lose more weight and need to get those friends help me to stay on the court, play harder and run for each tennis ball.

Editorial note:

What happen to those colored sentence?
I wrote the blog first. And then I read again in the second day, I like to make correction. I added some content to make the blog more meaningful. So I highlighted those additional clauses.


References:

1. https://www.optimumtennis.net/tennis-footwork.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment