Friday, June 15, 2018

Healthy doze of anxiety

June 15, 2018

Introduction


It is a challenging topic. Healthy doze of anxiety, how to measure the healthy doze? I experienced a little bit last few days. As a person likes tennis as competitive sports, I know that I need to train my brain to stay grounded. Do not think past or future, stay at the moment.

3 drills to help me recover


With hundreds of hour tennis practice, I know how hard it is to take to get good control of various strokes. I have to work hard, get all kinds of coaching lesson through video, real matches, and also I have to practice thousand of strokes and spend hundreds of hours to practice. 

Last 6 months I stop to play tennis match, even practice. I notice that something is changing. I try to believe that I can do things without practice enough time. 

So I have to go back to tennis court, and start to work on hours of sports. Every hour I practice on tennis court, I will know that it takes hard work to build muscle, and learn new things, and have chance to meet people again. 

It is busy time of year on tennis court. I could not name hundreds of players, but surprisingly people can remember a few girls's name easily. Today the player smiled to me and called my name Julia, but I could not tell his name. We used to play together at least 5 or 6 times last few year, over 4 hours, I still remembered a few years ago I talked to him, the first years he came to Vancouver as an immigrant, and he started to play tennis again. 

Those players really make me stay healthy and happy. I just do not have a lot of time to play double matches, I spend most of time on rally with one person, or against wall and chat with people on the court. I need to finish at least one hour of sports training. I am trying to cover all strokes, running and also talk to various people. 

Algorithm performance


I have to push myself hard to develop some drills to help me work on hard level algorithm and data structure.

One thing I like to do is to meet more people this weekend through mock interview. Let me learn something from the peer or try to teach something and share some programming skills to the peer. One peer a time.

I am looking for happy Julia, laugh loudly on tennis court, people call me Sharapova all the time. It is called grunting in tennis.



No comments:

Post a Comment