Saturday, October 13, 2018

Case study of 150 easy level practice

Oct. 13, 2018

Introduction


It is the first time I dedicated three months to work on more than 150 easy level algorithms on Leetcode.com. I like to compare this study with 2 weeks paid coach session with my ex-coach, any course I took in graduate school, independent study, pluralsight.com course study, webfrontend.com course study, and any other things like project at work.

It is a learning process 


I like to make this learning process public for people to access, so I came out the idea after 2 months work. I decided to share as many as possible leetcode algorithm C# code I wrote. Here is the github page I created for myself, to stay organized. It is easy to access for public as well.

I also move my writing from my coding blog to Leetcode discuss. There is nothing to be afraid, I wrote down what I like to share, what will be helpful for others to learn from my experience.

My reputation starts to increase the value, when I started to work on easy level algorithms, my reputation is 3, now it is 13. Although it is 10 reputation gain, I like to apply customer obsession leadership principle. I constantly review my publication, and also need to rewrite and revise. I definitely am more active to read other's sharing, since it is in the community. It is so easy to go to other's sharing compared to my blog, instead I move to my other blogs, I read my own blogs again and again, or hours long, it is time waste. Instead I learn new ideas quickly, I become Leetcode discuss reader, I am more open to new ideas, quickly find good role models in those players.

It is over thousands view quickly from my post on Leetcode.com, those views are more specific for those algorithms players. Compared to the view I get from my blog, I directly serve the community of Leetcode discuss. I think that is more efficient and also push myself to the next stage to serve the community.

Easy level algorithms training


I have rough ideas how to strength myself in algorithm and data structure. The idea to hire the coach and work with the coach in two weeks, I understand the idea to follow the leadership of those hard working people, submission over thousands, solved more than 500 algorithms. I like to be one of them.

My target is changed, I am aiming to how good I can practice and communicate through Leetcode discuss or public, instead of aiming at top software companies interviews, nice and challenge job positions.

I also like to compare last three months training comparing to the last three years. What I did last three months are more focus, easy level only. I also work on the algorithms by category only, I have more focus and also enough training for one specific area.

It is also a good habit to build, I have to pay attention to my submission, my solved algorithm. I have to define those metrics to watch, and learn how to compare to role models with thousands submissions in last 12 months.

I like to learn that I am more confident and also stay on the track. I learn to monitor my stress level or emotion about the hard work, long hours study and problem solving. I learn to adjust my expectation based on my metrics.

One statement is to let me make over another 500 submissions, show the world I am working on the basics. Even though this time I have to work on medium level algorithms instead.

Comparison highlights


The practice is easy to work on, easy to track the progress, easy to reach out the community, and also easy to get feedback from online judge. I also find that it is also very helpful for me to find my weakness, in terms of reading skills in English, how to evaluate the use cases and also simplify problem solving.

I am definitely more confident to work on things so easy, also I learn to how to craft my code much more elegant ways in a few cases through hundreds of cases. I do find that talent do make big difference, there is big gap between me and top talent in the world.

The practice is no fee associated. And the time I spend on the practice, I find that it is more rewarding in terms of problem solving, coding craft skills. I definitely have ideas how to make better decisions and learn to evaluate my way of education resources and challenges.



No comments:

Post a Comment