Wednesday, October 24, 2018

1000 submissions

Oct. 24, 2018

Introduction


It is time for me to work on one easy level algorithm, so I can have 1000 submissions. I am so excited to work on my 1000th submission in short future.


What it takes


It takes a lot of hard work, time and also wisdom to reach 1000 submissions. It is much hard to compare to get a gold medal on Hackerrank.com, and also any course work I had in mathematics major in Florida Atlantic University, all courses work together in my bachelor degree and master degree, include Ph.D. study.

I also have to learn so many things in order to make a successful submission sometimes.

The Leetcode community is different from Hackerrank, some of us are ready to share just after the contest. The discuss ratio compared to all submissions is not that high, for example, over 300,000 submissions in 39 Sudoku solver only less than 400 discuss.

This is also time for me to learn how to write code; I am so glad to read ideas and then write code for various ideas.

I learn from my own experience, last month I worked on easy level algorithm binary watch, I felt nervous as I did in the phone screen. But once I started to read various ideas, I felt so relax and enjoyable to work on those ideas. I learn to deal with my own emotions, I have to push myself hard to think independently more often, before I read the discuss. I will have to get used to figure out things by myself. Hopefully next 1000 submissions I can train myself to overcome this nervousness issue.

Those 1000 submissions also help me to have the chance to be get two phone screens and one onsite interview this year. Without those encouragements from Amazon and Facebook, a few of local companies, I will not be smart enough to work on so many submissions. I also had thanks to my ex-coach, I have to stay humble and work on those easy level algorithms first, without those 200 easy level algorithms practice, I will not have chance to reach 1000 submission mark.

My personality is kind of over confident sometimes, and sometimes low on confidence. I have to learn how to make good judgement where I am in terms of confidence level.

I have to stay humble, start from easy level, and work on the foundation skills. I also overcome my shyness, first time in those easy level practice, I decided to share my practice on Leetcode discuss. I started from August 11, now it is two months experience with over 100 sharing 20 reputations.

Also through those easy level algorithm practice, I started again to play Leetcode weekly contest, I have played over 8 contest last two months. It is so good journey for last two months. I read one blog I wrote in August 31, at that time, I solved 177 algorithm with 679 submission. Based on the facts written in the blog two month ago, I can easily find out that I solved 88 algorithms with 321 submissions from August 31 to Oct. 26, 2018.


No comments:

Post a Comment