Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Over 9000 submissions on Leetcode.com

Oct. 24, 2018

Introduction


It is time for me to write something called over 9000 submissions. I chose to follow my ex-coach's advice, and then I work on easy level algorithms first. I chose to work on two easy level back-tracking algorithms, I found one most elegant solution. And then I studied the player, over 9000 submissions.

9000 submissions


I read the number, and then I talked to myself. I am gambling to try my luck to compete with those hard working players. With the experience of 900 submissions, how can I compete with people with over 9000 submissions.

Can I work on 500 more submission this year?

A player can work on 9840 submissions on Leetcode.com, and also he managed to complete 760/921 algorithm, his ranking on contest is 1113/72819. Leetcode ranking is 366. He also completed 86 mock interviews, with overall percentile 72%.

I like to compare to my data. I solved 265 algorithm, contest ranking is after 13,000. The overall ranking is after 20,000.

Three ideas


I need to find out ways to have more submissions on Leetcode.com. One thing I can think about is to work on those 200 easy level algorithms again, but this time I will submit different ideas for those algorithms. So maybe I can make more than 600 submission, each algorithm 3 submissions more.

I also can try to work on medium level algorithm or hard level algorithms now. There is nothing I can be afraid of. The idea is to shorten the time to work on medium level or hard level algorithm to 20 to 30 minutes, and go back to work on easy level algorithms and learn better on those algorithms.

Easy level algorithm is really a good playground for me to learn. There are more players to share the experience, more ideas for me to learn and practice. And also I can really build up confidence to write code every day, learn how to overcome the stress or intimidation for coming out the idea to solve the problem by myself.

Follow up 

Oct. 29, 2018

Another idea is to find one good sharing post for hard or medium level algorithms, the thing I like to focus on is to imitate the role model and write my C# solution. This may be a good idea for me to try, at least I can find 20 or 30 players with good writing skills and patience.

Nov. 5, 2018

I also like to find out how I can find time and get some tips to work on more algorithms. One idea is to study kid's playground, how kids learn to play in the playground. Since Leetcode actually can be treated as a playground for so many players.

I believe that medium level or hard algorithms are good playground for me. I do not need to stick on one hard level algorithm. As long as I keep going, I will build up some skills through those practice.

One idea is to go over same category algorithms together, work on together. One idea is to work on the algorithm 8 hours a time, and see how I can improve my performance, what problems I have in those 8 hours.

Last time I did work on 8 hours for linked list algorithms. I found out that I really felt so exhausted after 4 hours. I need to take breaks. Another thing I found out is that I did not push myself hard to think about constraint, and then play with the linked list and then come out by myself.

The biggest problem is that I do not want to push myself to think independently.




No comments:

Post a Comment