Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Most efficient way to train myself

Oct. 23, 2018

Introduction


It was so surprising that I found one algorithm called binary watch to work on. I found out that it was most rewarding experience to work on more than five practice in a day. I really enjoyed the learning. I also think that most efficient way to train myself is to write as many ideas as possible. There are more than 200 discuss, I should write as many ideas based on those sharing.

Algorithm and data structure


I think that most efficient way is to write code every day. Specially for an algorithm like binary watch, it is such great tool for me to train myself.

I have chance to work on bit manipulation, recursive function, and learn a few things through C# coding. 

Follow up 

Oct. 29, 2018

Avoid long hours to work on one algorithm


I think that it is much better to work on easy level algorithm. If there is something hard to solve, I should work on easy ones first. Through those easy ones, I may find good ideas through Leetcode discuss. I also may learn different ways to solve the problem.

Make Leetcode weekly contest part of training. Take it easy for the weekly contest, so I will be more happy to take part in every contest. I also can think about those 4 algorithms in 90 minutes should be a good sprint. I can use this format to train myself as well.

Set a good goal


One goal is to be able to pass any high standard algorithm and data structure interview, no matter it is a phone screen or onsite. But I also can train myself to pay attention to my own habits, the way I solve problems, the way I choose to communicate. I should find something to work on. For example, I started two months ago to write for Leetcode discuss.

Another thing is to prepare early. How to prepare early? I need to gather some information first, I need to gather some data how others train themselves, specially those top performers.

I like to build up a good habit to be an educator in other areas as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment