Saturday, November 24, 2018

Count every dollar

Nov. 24, 2018

Introduction


It is hard to beat the market as an investor. I think that a smart investor should be a very detail-oriented person. I was so surprised that I have to push myself to get organized, and count all expenses and income for each year from 1996 to 2010. I like to write a blog called count every dollar.

Never too late


I did a case study and the result shocked me. I could not hold any net income made from 1999 to 2001 over $110,000 dollars, I had a brand new car on loan, and owned a condo with 2 bedrooms, leaving one bedroom empty paying 6.5% interest with over $25,000 dollars mortgage.

I should try to be a saver first before I learn how to be an investor. In order to be a saver, I have to spend time to document all my expenses and income using Excel sheet.

I have to start to run my personal finance as a business, document all income and expenses first, and then start to learn how to analyze them.

Be kind and considerate


I think that as a Christian today, I learn to be humble and kind and considerate. But at that time from 1999 to 2001, I just started my career, those two years empty extra bedroom missing rent income, $350/ months, two years will be able to purchase extra condo in my home town in the city of Yichun, Jiangxi province, in the year 2000. If I do that, then I will have a retired home in my grow-up city.

I learn to be kind to be myself and others. Every time  I recall my life style, I feel so guilty and learn to be humble again.

Learn the value of one dollar


I have to learn the value of one dollar, and one thing I can do is to document all expenses, income every day and every month. As an adult, I have to showcase my hard working in learning booking, and learn the way to hold those hard-earning money.

I knew today that my programming skills was not so good at all back in 1999 to 2001. I was luck to have jobs when economy was booming even though it was crashed.

Those network income over $110,000 should be my foundation of my first $100,000 dollar in my savings.



No comments:

Post a Comment