Saturday, November 24, 2018

Weekly contest 112

Nov. 24, 2018

Introduction


It is a weekly contest again called weekly contest 112. I played the contest and this time I tried different strategies in the contest and after the contest. I spend first 5 to 10 minutes to read all four algorithms from last one to the first one, and after the contest, I try to finish all the algorithms if there are unsolved algorithms.

My performance


Here is the my performance. I solved two algorithms. I only had 10 minutes for the third and fourth algorithms, however, I already spent first 5 to 10 minutes to go over the problem statements first.


I had problems to understand the algorithm Q3, the bag of tokens. Actually a bag of token may not be ordered. I thought that the tokens are ordered like an array. After the contest, I spent extra 30 minutes to finish the algorithm "the bag of tokens".

I learned the algorithm 4 from discuss, I will write one solution later.

I  need to share my discuss and go over some sharings first.

Follow up 

April 2, 2019

I have time to learn how to solve union find tagged algorithm, Leetcode 947 Most stones removed with same row or column, which is the third algorithm in the contest.

I like to go over a few solutions and then learn to solve them one by one using C#. I failed to solve an algorithm in March 2019 in code screen, which is the same level of Leetcode 947.

Actionable Items


April 2, 2019


I need to push myself to work on all the algorithms in each weekly contest. It is not too difficult to learn various ideas to solve the problem, I can just go over top ranking 20 players and then study a few solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment