Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Being an interviewer: Find largest smaller Binary search tree key


Introduction


It is my favorite thing to choose the algorithm I just learn or practice and give it to the interviewee in my mock interview as an interviewer. I did meet a programmer in Seattle with eight years experience who stays anonymous and I did mock interview him 2 hours on May 7 2018 starting from 10:00 PM. I learned through his 40 minute performance to write a recursive solution, after a few times I asked him to simplify the code. He did more than three versions of code in Java. At last moment, I showed him the recursive solution in less than 10 lines of code, I wrote in less than 2 minutes.

I like to write down a few version of code reviewed by me. I enjoy the process to be an interviewer. I know that not long ago I make the same mistake, an easy 5 minutes question I spend over 20 minutes to work on.

Through the interviewee's experience, I understand that we all need some training to solve an algorithm quickly using recursive function.

Will come back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment