Saturday, May 26, 2018

Insist on the Highest Standards

May 26, 2018

Introduction


It is time for me to learn leadership principle one by one. I like this one most since I know the difference to insist on the highest standards. 

Leaders have relentlessly high standards - many people may think these standards are unreasonably high. Leaders are continually raising the bar and drive their teams to deliver high quality products, services and processes. Leaders ensure that defects do not get sent down the line and that problems are fixed so they stay fixed.

Principle wording


rentlessly - 
high standards

unreasonably high 

leaders are continually rasing the bar

their teams to deliver high quality products, services and process

Insist on the highest standards

- highest standards -> what is the standards? how to define the standards? highest? How about high -> higher? 

leaders vs many people 

leaders -> their teams -> deliver high quality products, service and processes. 

How do leaders make the transition from insisting on standards level to delivering high quality ...

Relate to myself


I need to hold on highest standards. 

1. Push myself to master C# programming language from my own ranking 6 or 7 to 9. What I do is to read the C# book, ask questions, and memorize API. 
Every time I write C# code in mock interview, I ask question what problem I have on C# coding. I like to learn C# by checking the thinking process of basic problem solving. 

2. I like to ask questions on code review website and also make sure that I can easily get help if I need to work on some algorithm. I need to find out areas I can improve on C# code. 

3. I like to keep writing code every day, this way I can master the data structure and algorithm one by one. 

4. I believe that once I master the data structure and algorithm, I start to know how to make the products I architecture and code to high quality. 
Security - against attack
Code - readable, clean code
Code - simple code 
Code - object-oriented principle - try to apply to my own work 
Test coverage - 


Highest standards

- relate to my practice on Hackerrank contest, I continuously worked on the contest until I got my first gold medal. I documented every practice so that I review and find things to work on. I also try to train myself. 


Highest standards 

No comments:

Post a Comment