Friday, May 18, 2018

Leadership principles - Customer obsession

May 18, 2018

Introduction


I have to learn leadership principle one by one. In order to learn better this time, I like to write a blog for each principle.

I am very good to write short one first and then add some good content later on.

Customer obsession


How to relate to my own work last 8 years? Do I really understand the customer obsession leadership principle?

keywords:
Leaders start with customers and work backwards. <- backward, start with customers

Work vigorously -> vigorously -> how to express vigorously?
Earn and keep customer trust -> trust, earn and keep
How do I understand the trust, customer trust?
Alternative choice, competitors, pay attention to vs obsess

Two groups, one is competitors, one is customer.

My task 

I need to write my own story. It is not easy to write a good one without preparation. I will think about and write down something here.

I need to identify the customer and competitors. How to define pay attention to and obsess? Give an example of Earn and keep customer trust.

Brainstorm stories:

1. Current employer is my customer, next employer is competitor; I need to pay attention to the competitors, but I Need to be obsessed with customer. Earn and keep the trust.
Evaluate current company website, need to make code readable, clean. I like to make the software product as simple as possible.

Do not pay attention to the competitor.
First five years - work with different technologies - play and try
Last three years - work on foundation of data structure and algorithm. Try to write coding blog, ask questions on code review stackexchange, write on Quora.com. Meet people through mock interview platform.

2. Cellular phone, high density device, mobile website image display. Extra work for graphic work.
3. Website fit for all devices vs website maintenance issue, subscribe the courses to help myself strength the website; fancy interface, sales manager pitch vs customer need. Keep busy or look busy vs work on basics
4. Vacation plan - one week - Learn to plan, listen to the opinion. Catch up latest technology.
5. Virus software false positive - remove virus software from database server
6. Network virus - ransom attack - version control - github - website source control
7. Web server database server/ IIS server migration
8. Read my common mistakes after 80 mock interviews, there are some good story to think about.
9. Another one:
http://juliachencoding.blogspot.ca/search?q=stackoverflow+
10. Story about website does not response very well. For example, product menu bar is designed to list 7 products in a row, the customer has difficult to choose one to continue. One thing I came out is to add hover over display, listing all lumens of the product.

I did a few hours work to show the prototype of the work. (Situation, Task, Action, Result)
11. Hold high standard. If there is any dispute, the software I design and develop, I should be able defend my number in less than 5 minutes to settle down any dispute.

No comments:

Post a Comment