Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Ownership principle study

May 22, 2018

Introduction


It is my task to write a short blog about Ownership principle. Here are the detail about the ownership, leaders are owners. They think long term and don't sacrifice long-term value for short-term results. They act on behalf of the entire company, beyond just their own team. They never say "that's not my job".

Here are the words in the above statement:
Leaders, owners,
long-term value  vs short-term result
entire company   vs their own team
That is not my job

Study note


I like to study the leadership one a time.

If I like to apply the principle to my current job, what is the case?

Long-term value vs short-term result

Long-term value - I try to rewrite the website to make sure the code is readable, remove smell of code, write simple code, break giant function or object into small objects. Apply object-oriented design.

I plan to study those courses on frontendmasters.com about web security, and I learn how to use Google web browser developer tools.

Short-term result - visual things to do, visual evidence I do the work. Something surface level.

This is not my job - Have I said that sentence before?


S.T.A.R story


I like to come out a few stories related to ownership.

Source control


S  - Situation - Virus issue on my computer, ransom attack
T - Task - I need to figure out better way to do source control
A - Action - last August I started to purchase github service annual subscription. I did some research on source control available products, and then I chose to subscribe the github.
R - Result  - The source control is advanced to much better status compared to before.

Web server and database migration

Anti virus software incident 


S - Situation - false positive, the anti-virus software deleted database file
T - Solve the issue - restore the database
A - Restore the website
      Study the virus and anti-virus, and ask questions about false positive issue
      Need more work here ...
R - Result
   

Website onwership


I need to balance my time on different issues, front end, use interaction, website architecture, SQL server administration, and all related issues.

A list of things happened:

SQL injection attack

Virus software removed the database file

Database server and web server migration

Work with consultation company to upgrade the database server, IIS server

IIS 8.0 learning

C#, JavaScript, HTML, CSS, Jquery coding

Vacation break challenge

Work with sales, marketing and graphic design

Move source control to github after ransom attack, server upgrade etc. in 2017.

Business analysis ownership


Sales analysis or any analysis, how to handle dispute? The program I write and design I have to make change after 2015, if there is any dispute, I should be able to set down the dispute in less than 5 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment