Monday, May 21, 2018

My fourth mock interview given by coach - suggest a char

May 21, 2018

Introduction


It is the fourth mock interview I got from my coach. He demonstrated his superior coding skills, he reviewed the code I wrote after mock interview, I made a terrible bug in iterative solution of find the height of tree algorithm documented in the blog, and then I should continue to simplify recursive solution for height of tree as well. It took around 40 minutes for him to review those two algorithm, and one more from the peer I interviewed as an interviewer.

Algorithm to suggest a char


Here is the transcript I worked on the algorithm and my coach spent time to coach me using less space, instead of going over each word, he advised me to go over each char at the same position in all the words.

I also showed him my word count practice, and asked his code review.

We worked together very hard, I am in the city of Vancouver, and the coach is in Beijing, China. I wad told that the talk is cheap, show me the code. I never doubt my coding ability, I think if I explain the idea, he should trust I can write. But that is not the case yet.

The time of interview is from May 19 8:00 AM - 9:46 AM PST.

The code is here to lookup.

No comments:

Post a Comment