Thursday, May 31, 2018

Cassadra Netflix case study

May 31, 2018

Introduction


I like to spend 30 minutes to study Cassadra Netflix.

Learning is so surprising. Originally I plan to read grokking system design lecture notes, and then try to memorize the solution.

But surprising my friend offered me coaching and then I had chance to go over complicated web architecture by first hand sharing. I was asked to read Cassadra Netflix after May 30, 2018 one hour coaching.

To be a good student and be coachable, I find that I am so enjoying to read Cassadra database and totally forget the time.


Scaling Time Series Data Storage — Part I


Reading is getting hard.

https://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.1/cassandra/dml/dml_manage_ondisk_c.html

write down new terms I need to learn:

Log-structured Merge Tree vs B-Tree

Read-before-write

statement: Cassandra never re-writes or re-reads existing data, and never overwrites the rows in place.

hard disks (HDD)
solid-state disks (SSD)

No comments:

Post a Comment