Saturday, June 16, 2018

Julia Chen - top 10 debut study

June 16, 2018

Introduction


I learned the word debut less than one years ago, it is called Elina Svitolina top 10 debut.

I had two onsite experience, one is in June 2016; and the second one is in June 2018. I just could not believe that I totally am different person with more confidence this year. I shared the story how I played Hackerrank contests and got first gold medal in 2017. I had chance to get myself ready in 2 weeks for system design, and actually I learned advanced web architecture using Microservice, I know how to quickly catch up a project like system design by asking help, get some private coaching from best coach in the world. I learned how to manage a few things in less than three weeks.

I also had chance to share my experience, how happy I am to help me as a mock interviewer. I did work with a Harvard graduate with computer science degree, taught him how to write code to apply SOLID principle. No one gave him the feedback before, so he could not tell what to work on next on this issue.

Certainly I still have some issues to deal with wishful thinking, and also a healthy doze of anxiety, but with my coach's help, I just quickly recover and go back to routine to do more practice, happy as I am like one month ago.

Top 10 debut


The study topic is how to advance myself from top 200 to top 100? top 100 to top 10?

In professional tennis sport, top 200 to top 100 is hard to stay with. You have to play qualification in order to get in big grand slam matches.

From top 100 to top 10, usually the club of top 10 is very hard to get in. Those players are more mature and do not show any emotion on the matches, and will catch up if the first set is down.

This May I quickly passed the phone screen using 28 minutes coding question. This is the first time in my history I can pass the phone screen. I did not do any code screen.

I need more practice in order to learn how to work on onsite experience with data structure and algorithm.

Am I top 200? Top 100? How can I advance myself to top 10 club?

Look at those can challenge? Can you image that I can design a can challenge drill for hard level algorithm? See one minutes I can solve how many hard level algorithm just by talking about the optimal solution and idea to solve it.

Leadership skills


I feel more confident to take rejection and also I am very happy to learn things, stay positive and open to new ideas.

I decide to learn those leadership principle and apply them to my daily work as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment