Monday, June 25, 2018

Week of code contest 38 was my best therapy

June 25, 2018

Introduction


A coding contest can play an important role to help me enjoy a weekend. I just could not believe that my confidence comes back after the contest.

I like to do a small research to compare last Saturday to last Sunday. I felt that I did better last Sunday, since I committed to the week of code 38 contest, I like to play the contest and win a medal. Actually I tried to get into top 25%.

How does our brain work in order to achieve something? I definitely felt that last Sunday was more enjoyable since I worked on coding from 8:00PM to 11:50 PM more than three hours. Long hours working on an algorithm really brought so much fun to my peaceful life.

I did more than two hours coding in the morning for two easy level algorithms as well. So more than 5 hours coding really brought a lot of joy to my day. I am a software programmer who is calm and with discipline, willing to clean up code and write simple code. I was so proud of myself to be patient to go over the code and do some reasoning, patiently go over debugging process to fix a few bugs in the medium algorithm using Queue, a graph algorithm.

Also miracle happened, last one hour in the contest I fixed the bug of medium algorithm, scored points from zero point a few time to almost full points.

Progress report


I really love to play contest and write algorithm for a medium level algorithm. I wish that I can start early so I have time to work on hard level algorithm in the weekend instead.




No comments:

Post a Comment