Sunday, August 19, 2018

Get organized - Finance

August 19, 2018


Introduction


It is time for me to slow down and work on cleaning up my finance. I have to work on rental business, and find a new renter this September. But I also have a list of small projects to work on. I have bank accounts in three countries. USA, Canada and China. I have to think smart and work on finance as well. 

As a project manager, I only spend time to handle rental business last 8 years. But then I notice that I made a huge mistake because I disconnect myself totally from stock market in 2009. Nothing is in stock market, all I have are CD, bonds, money market fund. Last 10 years all of those products are with less than 2% a year return.

I am shamed as a high tech person without benefits of enjoying technology stock booming last 10 years.

Seek, and you shall find


If $1000.00 dollar was invested to Amazon stock in 2008, now it is the value of $12,000. I spent over 20 minutes to read this article. Here is the article.

A good programmer should also carefully consider everything, and stock market is most important part of capitalized economy. I disconnect myself from stock market last 10 years completely.






No comments:

Post a Comment