Sunday, December 27, 2020

Kitchen project: Range hood, oven, water pipe, dishwasher, roaches

 Dec. 27, 2020

Introduction

It was a tough project to get rid of roaches in Florida rental. I had very good attitude, show my appreciation to have a new renter moving in from silicon valley. 

Range hood

I paid a top level range hood, which should wait discount in Best buy in December. I got it installed before my renter flied from California. 

Broken pipe








Dishwasher

Range oven cleaning 

I got two people two hours to clean the kitchen and oven with $100 dollar cost. 


Roaches

It is most challenge job to get rid of roaches. But it can be done very quickly in less than two weeks. 

Actionable Items

A new glass top range costs $420 in Best Buy, and $29.00 for delivery. The repair will cost more than I expect. 

It takes me $100 dollars to clean the oven and cabinet. There is only one coil working. I need to fix another one. I do not like to waste the resource just to get a new one, which is against my being frugal principle.

I am planning to visit Florida and then fix the range by myself. I need to learn how to quickly diagnose the problem and put one coil in to replace broken one if needed. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment