Tuesday, August 7, 2018

It is time to change my attitude

August 7, 2018

Introduction


It is time for me to work on my attitude. I like to do some study how to collaborate with people better. I overestimate the online judge's power but underestimate the power of person. I learn to respect the authority through bible teaching starting from year 2001.

I like to find some study material for me to get inspiration how to work with people better. I like to make people life better by saying sorry, thank you, it is my fault.


Study time


I like to read the article about Roger Federal. Here is the link.

Three moments shaped Federer as a player and as a man


A brash, belligerent teen to a 19-time major winner. Three moments shaped Federer as a player and as a man. One such moment he was powerless to control.

Federer didn't slide down a slippery slope as a young, angry talent, and believes his coach Carter's death shocked him to maturity. Carter died in car accident while on safari in 2002.

Second is to split with the coach Peter Lundgren at age 22. Roger no longer needed a mate on tour. Lundgren was a mate of his. He would sit in a car with him, turn on the music, let him scream his head off on the highways of Miami, play silly games, get all that out of his system.

"Suddenly Roger Federer started to become a man. He didn't need that looking after anymore."

Actionable Items


It is such great story about Roger Federer.

I had same issues I guess as Roger did from 19 years old to 22 years old about loud music issue.

I spent hours to listen the music from June to August 2018, for example, I can listen the same song over 10 times in a week, Duo Lipa, I am the one.

I was busy to study lyrics and meaning of song, but that is all I can do. But I could not be educated too much after those hours long music listening.

I have to learn how to deal with frustration, loss, and failure, and learn how to get comfortable with myself.

Usually it is good for me to study those tennis players, after the first round loss, how they handle the loss. Just move on. Do not overreact.

Also I have to push myself more often and get under the stress of work on design of the algorithm. One thing I can do is to push myself to solve one or two algorithms a day.

I notice that Leetcode discuss is a good place for people to share and get inspiration on algorithm and data structure. A lot of people already share their experience and they are very successful in terms of career.

I also like to share more and see if I can help myself as well in the learning process, I will try to put all 40 algorithms I practiced called two weeks drill and share them one by one on Leetcode discuss.


No comments:

Post a Comment