Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Count down days for last phone screen in 2019

Dec. 4, 2019

Introduction


It was so surprising that I took code screen from dialpad on Sunday, December 1, 2019. It was three hour test, but only one algorithm. I was so nervous since I still remembered that I could not pass December 2018 Indeed.com Japan code screen, there are five algorithms. I failed one Amazon code screen in march, passed Amazon code screen in May, and then I passed Microsoft code screen in May as well.

Code screen


I learned from the phone screen. My understanding of problem was not so good, I came cross the bug since I did not notice that there is a uniqueness requirement in the problem statement. I also spent 5 minutes to simplify my logic to write if statement. I spent 55 minutes to take the test.

I have to push myself work hard. Last week I spent time to watch videos from youtube.com related to personal finance research. I took risk and did not study at all until I spent time to work on code screen Sunday afternoon. I spent time to relax Sunday, played tennis, and then worked on code screen.

I did work on two mock interview on Leetcode for code screen, surprisingly two times I solved all algorithms. I wrote six posts to share my practice with my performance of mock interview. I just could not believe that what is happening, this is the real performance, am I memorizing those algorithms?

Here are those algorithms I practice. I will show the link here.

Phone screen


I will have to spend time to work on a few algorithms, so I can share with community how to solve Leetcode algorithms.

Follow up 


Jan. 30, 2020

I wrote an answer on quora.com, and I used one of two mock interviewes I did to prepare Dialpad code screen/ phone screen.  Here is the link.



No comments:

Post a Comment