Sunday, November 18, 2018

It is people skills

Nov. 18, 2018

Introduction


It is November and I made the decision to study personal fiance every year November. I did some research called why I missed the chance to purchase a condo in 2015. I like to write a blog on this research result.

My case study


It should be very natural for me to purchase a condo in 2015. I already spent more than five years in Canada. I got to know so many people through Willingdon church, and I had some down payment as well. I worked full time with stable income from 2010 to 2015.

I did spend time to get organized all activities I did in 2015. I need to come out the explanation why it is 2015, I started to have ideas to purchase a condo, what I did in terms of home search, why I could not make any purchase at the end.

Let me gather some facts:

1. My home equity loan in USA was updated to 5 years short, I have to pay it off at the end of 2017. I did not paid it off right away since I like to hold cash for my emergency fund or down payment.

2. I don't have ability to predict the condo price will double in next three years.

3. I like the home I rented, I like the outdoor backyard and the window. The rent was still reasonable.

4. I have some people issue. I only think about the down payment, the home price, and long distance to travel to work. But I do not put people first.

For example, my elder sister complained to me, a church young couple spent time with me and other to hike, play sports, get-together; As a christian, I do not be very supportive to their sales job as a real estate agent. I do not understand how they make a living, based on commissions.

5. I had so many shopping trips to USA from 2010 to 2015. I got myself isolated from others. I did not research house market at all in the city of Surrey or Chilliwack enough.

6. I purchase a Honda Accord in Dec. 2014. The car is a used one, I controlled the budget less than $6,000 dollars.

7. Over one week case study, three activities are found and reviewed. First two are easy to recall, one is Abbotsford home and second one is a condo in Cloverdale. But I totally forgot that I got over 10 emails from real estate agent in 2015 from June to August, he attended same small group with me over years. I think if I treat people right, I should not miss anything important to build wealth through home purchase.

8. The email about properties under $150,000 only lasted two months, the real estate agent stopped in August 2015.

I think that in order to be successful in my person finance, I have to be careful how I treat people in my church life and friends in my life. 

I should not be scared, in 2015, I should ask the real estate agent to give me a tour at least once, spend two or three hours to visit a few home around the city of Surrey.





No comments:

Post a Comment